Please check out our size guide
Sizing can vary over time and throughout different parts of the world, so here at Leather Monkeys, we have compiled our own sizing policy to help ensure you choose a jacket that is right for you.
We give a size based on fit (which may sometimes conflict with any size tags inside), and the general size is generated by the chest size alone. We provide detailed measurements of every item to allow you check for yourself.
All measurements are taken with the garment lying flat, and face down. If you are unsure, we recommend comparing our measurements to those of a well-fitting item of clothing you already own. Please be aware that all measurements are taken from the outside of the jacket, so you will need to allow for thickness of the material, and any layers that may be worn underneath.
For reference, we have included a diagram (see below) to demonstrate how are measurements are taken. We use the following method:
- Chest: From armpit seam (where the sleeve joins the torso) to armpit seam. Taken across the back.
- Sleeves: From shoulder seam (where the sleeve joins the shoulder) to the end of the cuff, along the outside of the sleeve.
- Length: From the base of the collar, where the collar joins the back, to the hem. Taken straight down the middle at the longest point.
- Shoulders: In a straight line from shoulder seam (where the sleeve joins the shoulder) to shoulder seam, across the back.
- Waist: Straight across the hem. *
*This measurement isn’t always given, as it doesn’t represent a true waist measurement on longer jackets.
Leather Monkeys Size Chart